Tuesday, July 6

Good morning!

It's exactly 6am Tuesday as I start this, and I'm feeling much better. The after effects of the second round of chemotherapy were far easier to handle, as I learned and applied a lot from the first! After the chemo on Wednesday, I seem fine for the next two and a half days, though I take it easy. By Saturday mid-morning however I start to feel weird, lightheaded and sensorily overloaded. Lights and sounds are more intense and it's kind of like a high; a lie down is the best option. So I basically achieved nothing for the next two and a half days, which is cool. I drank a LOT more water and took a LOT more fibre and that really helped get rid of the toxic effects of the drugs.

It was wonderful to have Fred and his girls look after my girls for much of the weekend; sounds like they had a ball! They could watch television, and eat pizza and lollies till late. He took them to the faerie cave and chocolate factory the next day. Poor Arthur worked most of the weekend on transferring a huge mound of soil and compost to create a raised vegetable garden for me (so we can grow organic veggies); he also mowed the lawn and cooked food. I think he's taking a bit of strain .....

Jodie and her family kindly looked after the girls on Monday; it's lovely to have that extra help from friends who offer because they understand what it's like to have a really 'off' day, and it certainly lightens the load! Here's to getting slightly more energy every day from now on (for the next two weeks). It's also school holidays for the next two weeks! I am going apply to do relief teaching for the days that I anticipate feeling good next term, but there's is the question of my immunity (and students spluttering on me this winter) that I need to take into consideration.

Thank you to everyone who has been thinking of me; I'm sure it's all the prayers that have helped the treatment go a lot easier than it could otherwise have done. I really appreciate it. Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment