Monday, July 26

Getting better

The rollercoaster continues .... I went through the usual bad patch, with more nausea this time (because I chose not to take as much of the anti-nausea medication) but with my digestive system intact! I also appear to have got some contact dermatitis and slight skin infection - basically your body is trying to over-protect itself against these foreign invading toxins. It seems every round of treatment brings a new and interesting effect. But I think I'm handling them better. This time, instead of being chirpy for two days afterwards and then collapsing, I felt better about letting myself lie in bed for much of the time. I relaxed and read a lot; didn't even contact anyone. I could get used to being this lazy (I think that is what I am scared of, actually).

I was called by a high school to see if I'd like to do some relief teaching and even though I don't feel 100% I SO wanted to say yes! I felt I could do it {I can't though, if I want to avoid infection}. There is a lot of work to do at home, with spring cleaning and organising stuff, so I could be getting on with that. Except it's easier to avoid the mess than face up to it.

My daughters were gorgeous this afternoon (I don't know what they are after). First we went to the shops after school, to buy food for supper. We'd had a donation morning at Church yesterday, but had forgotten to buy consumables to donate. G reminded me to buy some things 'for the poor people', and with her own pocket money she bought some chocolate for the family and biscuits to donate. F actually helped me with the groceries, loading and unloading them to and from the car. I was a little stunned. Then, while I cooked, they set to vacuuming the car and emptying the dishwasher. I'm sure they're after something! Perhaps it was because I was disappointed in them this morning, and reminded them that Girl Guides are responsible and helpful, etc. They are going to make their initiation promises soon, and are probably after a badge as well as pocket money .....

Have a great week everyone! The weather our end seems to be sunnier, with the sun noticeably rising earlier now.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura

    Yolanda here - Peter's finace

    I'm glad to hear you are doing better on this round - jis I've tried so many times to post on your blog and hopefully this time I got it right.

    Knowing that the girls share the Tew genes, I'm pretty sure they are up to something ;)

    Even though I've never met you I truly feel connected to you through the love everybody here has for you.

    I hope that you have a great day and that the pukes stay away!!

    You are in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks, Yolanda! It means a lot to me.
    I would like to know more about you and your plans; I don't have your email address. Perhaps you could get mine from KP and email me? Or we could Skype .... Have a lovely day! Laura x

    ReplyDelete