Wednesday, June 30

Bing! Bing! seconds away .... Round Two!


My second round of chemotherapy today took from 10:00-15:30hr; not bad! It was fine, actually. First they insert a needle into the port and take some blood for checking the White Blood Cell (WBC) and platelet levels. If these are too low you cannot undergo chemo that day. I was fine, so they proceeded with the first lot of chemicals and put the first cap on. I had a total of 5 caps put on, each for 35min I think (as soon as it warms up, it is replaced with another). They give you brain freeze and it can be a bit painful, but NOTHING compared to the gloves! OMG! Instant frostbite! I had to have 3 fresh gloves put on every 40min or so and it was so very painful one time I just prayed a rapid novena for little Lilah. It would be pain at the end of two fingers, then of another one and then somewhere else. After a while I watched some Dr Phil and that helped .....

I am home now and feeling fine (touch wood - last time I said I felt fine that didn't last long, did it?). I hope to take it easy in the next few days, drinking lots of water and eating lots of fibre. My vitamins and immunity boosters (plus school holidays) should help!

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers today. It works! It all went very well - and I could "feel the love"!

No comments:

Post a Comment