Monday, June 28

A wee setback

Well, after I posted about how well I was feeling, I found I had a urine infection. This can happen due to immunity hitting a 'low' (nadir) in the second week. What I needed urgently was an antibiotic. I obtained a script the next day, but the bug was resistant so I needed stronger stuff. The second antibiotic came with a long list of precautions as bad as chemotherapy drugs - similar possible side effects like heart or nerve damage (not to mention spontaneous 'tendon rupture'! Yikes!). As a patient, you are torn between wanting immediate relief/healing yet needing to be aware and wary of the chemicals you are putting into your body. It's a bit of a catch-22 situation. I hope I haven't done some damage to my body by taking this norfloxacin (banned in Ireland) because I have a chemo onslaught again on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment