Tuesday, September 7

Spring cleaning

Well, I just saw that I'd not actually published yesterday's post. How lazy can you get? I couldn't even push the "Publish Post" button!

Here's a delightful and poignant short film called "New Boy" about a Zimbabwean boy's first day in an Irish classroom:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdeioVndUhs

Spring is in the air here; the smell of jasmine in the evening is lovely. My friend and I have been cleaning the house today - I've even cleaned the 'fridge and sorted out a tiny bit more of the massive mountain of 'kiddie crap' and teaching materials. Pity I don't have the same energy to devote to doing my taxes and getting paperwork ready for a medical rebate!

Click on the link to check out our Monarto Zoo Visit photos. Monarto zoo is about an hour's drive out of Adelaide, and it is a large area of land that accommodates mainly African animals. Kangaroos and emus roam freely, while the rock wallabies and other African animals were enclosed. The chimp enclosure is state-of-the-art. I couldn't get good photos of the hyenas, lions, or cheetah, because the lady driver was going too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment