Thursday, September 2

The Drugs Are Good

A cool poem from http://chemothug.blogforacure.com/weblog


I‘m the impatient patient - waiting to be seen

I’m waiting for my drugs to treat bad cells mean


It’s tense in here; you can smell the fear

Will they or won’t they come up with our gear?


I’m going in now to make a drug deal

Hope it’s good shit - 'cause I really need to heal


The drugs are good, the users keen

The pharmacist's our dealer on the PBS scheme ....


The other pill heads are after my drugs

I need to hide my meds to stop these chemo thugs

I’m a pill-popping patient; I’m dozing in my bed

I’ve finally earned the title of "The hard core chemo head"


I’m dangerous;  I’m a chemo thug ....

the pharmacist – I’d love to mug

I want every pill he can offer

I've become a total PBS drug scoffer


The pharmacist was the one who's dealing

What he said to me was quite revealing

"I’m qualified. I’m your PBS healer -

I’m the real deal; I’m your drug dealer!"


The drugs are good, the users keen

The pharmacist's our dealer on the PBS scheme ....


I’m in the dreaded Dpartment of Oncology

They’re taking a look at my mutant pathology

The scientists have some excellent technology

- they want to nuke my errant biology

It’s a matter of faith and it tests my personal theology

.... it’s massively unnerving my current psychology


I’m not trying to be a hero

I’m just trying to get through my chemo

I feel like I’m floating on the ceiling

I’m on drugs

I’m on drugs .....

No comments:

Post a Comment