Tuesday, September 7

Dead cells

Monday 6 September: I've had quite a few days in bed, in the land of the 'chemo zombie'. Time to get up and about, now. The nausea hasn't quite gone away; I guess the chemicals kill all the fast-growing cells all down your digestive tract so that gets a bit inflamed. On the weekend the metallic taste started in my taste buds. Also, interestingly, the cold cap did burn the top of my right ear - I kind of thought it had, and when skin peeled off I realised it could indeed happen. I am putting zinc oxide cream on the inside of my nose to protect it, as most of the nose hairs are gone. This results in a nose that alternately drips and crusts up. "Yeah? Charming!" you say, but I bet you've always just taken your nose hairs for granted!  Just like eyebrows - you don't miss 'em till they're (almost) gone.

I've lots to do and plan for the weeks ahead, but I've very little energy to do it in. I'd better make a start.
Have a lovely day, and thank God for even the littlest things in your life - like skin cells, taste buds, hairs ....

No comments:

Post a Comment